Thursday, August 14, 2008

2 Computer Problems

Sunday, between returning from a Knoxville, TN trip at 7:30a and leaving on a Saginaw, MI run at noon, I stopped at the computer for a second to check e-mail and transfer the old trip off my GPS and put on the new one.

While I was transferring, I tried logging on to the www. No luck - so I tried looking around to see what the problem was. Found it. Computer problem #1 - equipment error. Our cable modem was dead.

So I called our provider and they couldn't do anything until Monday, and we'd just need to bring the old, dead one in and they'd swap it out for a new, working one.

Ok - a project for Doreen since I was going to be in central MI.

Computer problem #2 - Operator error. While I was on the phone, I was transferring and hit the wrong button. Oh My Goodness. I accidentally deleted the file, which I did not have backed up, with ALL the drops, pick-ups and fuel stops I'd been to in the last two years. Over 470 waypoints deleted - forever.

AAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!

I absolutely HATE it when I do that. So I've started a new one for all the drops I go to now. Which I now am backing up regularly.

Oh well.

On a little side note, Doreen picked up the new modem, got it all hooked up, called and got an idiot customer service rep who asked a BUNCH of nonsense questions - totally unrelated to what she needed to do.

So Doreen called me to get the info, she called our ISP back and got a different CSR who asked one or two questions, then got us connected.

I'm so proud of my girl for gettin' that done all by herself!

Now - for NO more computer problems for a while would be great! :)

No comments: