Friday, July 04, 2008

Happy 4th of July

Hope you had a happy 4th of July. I did. This is the first time in 3 years I've been able to sit and enjoy an entire fireworks show. Of course I almost missed it.

I'd been on a trip to SC and got back just after 9pm. (This was on Thur when Collegedale had their fireworks show.) So we put our gear away, fueled the rig, parked it and threw my bags in the pickup truck, found a place to park and watch the show. My family had gotten together with my in-laws and were actually at the park for the event and really enjoyed it.

Then today, the actual 4th, we did some cool stuff too.


We had to run an errand down-town, so the girls went in their bathing suits and had a ball playing in the water 'fountains' next to the TN Aquarium.














Here they were acting little alligators in the creek. Too cute!














Later on we had to run by my in-laws for a moment and found them working on taking the lettering off the truck. They're going to let their contract expire so they have to return the lettering and satellite communication equipment. Fun!

Then for supper we had fresh corn on the cob and baked potatoes!

After our bellies were full we played some games together.

It was a good holiday!

No comments: