Friday, July 25, 2008

Fishy Updates

A couple of days ago I was on a trip and was talking with Doreen on the phone. She was telling me about some new stuff that my girls were learning to do in the pool and I was feeling a bit disappointed I missed seeing it.

Well, yesterday, we went swimming. The first thing Natalie wanted to show me was how she now knows how to dive. So I was EAGER to watch her. Sure enough right off the edge, with really good form, she went in! Amazing!

Then she says, "Daddy, watch, I can dive off the diving board." She climbs out of the pool, walks around to the diving board and plop, in she goes fingers first, body straight, toes last! How incredibly precious!!!

Later on I got to enjoy watching both my girls swim, almost effortlessly, head first down to the bottom of the seven foot section to retrieve my watch.

Then just before we had to leave, Joelle, took some time to show me her latest accomplishment. She started at the edge of the deep end, swam way down and all the way to the other side up underneath the rope. Man, that was cool to see.

They are both doing so well swimming - I call them my little fishies! :)

No comments: