Monday, December 27, 2004

Possible Threepeat, Terrible Twos and One Merry Christmas Weekend

Well - Back to work.

After a good weekend, a great weekend - it's always hard to get back to work. But I'm getting older now and the time between the weekend goes faster and faster. Of course the weekends go faster! :)

A vicious cycle! :)

Doreen and I are thinking that Natalie has finally hit her terrible two. Case in point, yesterday afternoon at my in-laws building project, Doreen and I were moving some lumber and all of a sudden heard some screaming. One voice saying No, the other saying yes. I run around the corner and see at the front door, one girl is on one side pushing trying to close it, the other is pushing trying to open it and screaming at each other. They both got a good thumpin on the butt for fighting and sat down - apart from each other.

I tell ya, they have been "at" each other a LOT lately. Wow!!! AAAarrrrggghhhh. Drives me nuts - so we're cracking down on this and hopefully, we'll minimize it a bit, but we gotta get it under control a bit cuz I'm tired of hearing the fighting and crying.

It's looking like - barring a complete blowup - I should wrap up the 'championship' for this years Nelson/Pester Pigskin Pick'em contest. Minus tonights games, right now I'm in the Lead with 152 points, Doreen and my brother-in-law's sister-in-law Mary are tied for second with 145 points and my dad is 4th with 143. So in the next 17 games, (Tonight's Monday night football, Eagles at Rams and the 16 games scheduled next week) I've got a buffer to get 6 games wrong and Doreen and Mary have to get them ALL correct for me to win. (No one in our group has done that yet, ever.

That could be a challenge with some playoff locked teams not playing their starters waiting for the playoffs. With the 2nd stringers win the game or not? Will the teams out of the playoffs have a HUGE chip on their shoulder to take down a playoff bound team to hurt their momentum or just to win to end the season.

It'll be interesting to see how it plays out. Here's a Blog from the beginning of the NFL season with info on the previous 'Champions' of the Nelson/Pester annual Pigskin Pick'em Contest. I'll have more on the 'comments' of one particular player later - but for now, let the final 17 games begin!!!

Have a good week as we wrap up this year!

No comments: