Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Where's George Milestone

Since March 2002 I've been a user of Where's George. Basically, when you get paper money (Any denomination between $1 and $100) you log it into the site using the Denomination, Serial # and Year it was made. Then you mark the bill by either writing or with a stamp that says the website on it.

When the next person who logs it into the website with the same 3 items, I get a hit and e-mail telling me where it was hit, how far that is from here, the days, hours and minutes it's traveled etc. It's kinda cool!

Well - I hit a milestone today. Of the 706 Bills I've logged in, worth $3,545, I got my 100th hit. Yeee haw! This bill has travelled 548 Miles in 2 Yrs, 17 Days, 8 Hrs, 58 Mins at an average of 0.73 Miles per day. I entered it Nov 27 '02 and it got hit yesterday in Ozark, AR. So far for every 11.7 bills I log in, I'm averaging 1 hit.

Way cool.

No comments: