Thursday, December 09, 2004

Wore Out

Yesterday was a heck of a day.

Got up at 4am to get ready for work.

Went to work and did a bunch of stuff between 4:45 and 7:30. Then jumped in the car and drove to our church in Athens, TN.

Once there - began working on prepping the hole for the foundation of the antenna and the completing the final assembly of the tower. It is now all in one piece.

After we finished assembling the tower - we took a quick lunch break, then back to work finishing tying rebar into the foundation hole and positing the bolts for the bottom of the tower, then waited for concrete...

...and waited

...and waited

...and waited.

Finally the concrete arrived and the driver couldn't get his truck up the hill. He took too many sharp turns (that were unnecessary) and was too timid with the throttle. So the guy I was working with got his tractor with a bucket and started shuttling concrete up to me and I'd push/shovel it into the hole. We started the concrete about 5:20p and I finally left the site at 9pm. I moved most of the 10 yards of concrete we ordered.

I'm sore, I'm tired, I'm just flat out wore out today!!!

1 comment:

The SSP said...

Dude, I would have LOVED to, but couldn't for a couple of reasons. #1 - Insurance issues. #2 - Company policy. #3 - The driver thought he was the Mario Andretti of the cement driving world.

Sucks, don't it??!! :)