Saturday, December 25, 2004

The Post Christmas Assemblage

Hey,

Hope your Christmas was Merry!

Ours was great, albeit green. Had a 20% chance of snow, but all we got this morning was a HEAVY frost and Cold. 11 Degrees. Burrr.

We had a LOT of fun opening presents with the girls tonight. They got Barbies, 2 Barbie Cars, 1 Barbie Horse, 1 Barbie Bathroom get-up & 1 Barbie Baby set. They got a dress up set, a neat Hullabaloo game, some Home-made dolls from great Grandma March and, and, some other stuff I don't remember! :)

Man they cleaned up.

Doreen got some very nice apple decor for our kitchen and some $$$. We gave her a Miracle Blade Knife set (She'd been complaining lately about such DULL knives in our house.) I got a VERY warm Bronco blanket, a Bronco Pen/light and a laser straight thingy.

ALL very cool.

One thing I NEVER realized is how much 'assembling' goes on after Christmas. This is the first year our kids didn't just get 'baby' toys, and this stuff they've gotten takes a lot more in putting it together, putting stickers on - getting it functioning right. I think it took us maybe 30 to 45 minutes to open the presents, then an hour to two hours, taking everything out of the boxes with all the tape and twistie ties (there were 7 twistie ties on one Barbie I opened. 2 Arms, 2 legs, 1 torso, 1 neck, 1 hair. Ridiculous!!!) then getting it all together with stickers and making sure part "A" went into part "B." Wow!

All the while the girls are wanting to play with this, that, this, those, this and the other thing. (This being the one thing I'm struggling to get out of the box, every time I think I've just about got it - I find some hidden tape somewhere else holding it firmly in place. He, he, he)

It was cute watching them though. I tell ya what - seeing their excitement, truly made Christmas a LOT of fun!

I can't wait for next year. (My pocketbook says I can though - He, he, he!)

Merry "Aftermath" of Christmas! :)

No comments: