Saturday, October 31, 2009

Surgery Details & Recovery OR SLAP Tear Fixed!

Oct 6 at 10a I had surgery to repair the torn cartilage in my right shoulder from a fall earlier in the year at work. Here I am being wheeled out of the hospital to the vehicle - obviously all bright eyed and bushy tailed! :) Making sure to bring my bag that has my footies in it I had to wear to surgery! Actually, the surgical table was very nice. I walked into the room and when I laid down on the table it was all toasty warm! Ahhhh! :)









This is what the Doctor saw when he first got inside. Where the bottom arrow is you can see the torn cartilage - it's kinda an upside down 'V.'










Here you can see the tear fixed, well at least you can see where the nice bow is he left all tied up in my arm! :)











Here's about 3 days post op with the dressing still over the surgical site. I was supposed to see him then, get the dressing removed and stitches pulled, but he came down with the flu. So I didn't see him for another 3 days! Boy that thing was getting itchy.






You can see two of the three sites he used to go into my shoulder laprascopically (don't think I spelled that correctly) to repair the damage. Love the design drawn on the top and the funky skin below the stitches where the tape from the dressing was. The front cut had 3 stitches and the side and back only had two. This is one week post op.





Here's the 'scars' almost 3 weeks post op. Thinking about getting a "Bronco" logo tattoo to cover it! **GRIN**













Here's the sling and pillow I had to wear for one week at all times and then to bed! What an uncomfortable thing! :)

















Of course my precious girls wanted to try it on! Awwww - Joelle!
















and Natalie giving it a go! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ben there done that. Wish I had only three little holes. Instead I got a 5" scar. If you get as good of a result as I got you'll be happy.

Unknown said...

I will try to use my google account to sign off and see what happens

kannan said...

hai, i was suffering SLAP tear for last one year. I could do all my normal job, but couldn't play badminton or bow in cricket. As it did not heal, I have decided to go for surgery. My surgery is on coming monday 15th March, 2010 @ apollo hospital, chennai.

Have you recovered completely? Please give me some suggestion n tips before surgery.

kannan
india
kannan@srimax.com

Ville said...

I am in that very sling right now! Wow. Doc only made you wear it for a week? I had my surgery on the 17th of February,and I have 5 days until my next follow up. So, how are you doing now 4.5 months out?