Saturday, October 24, 2009

20 Years - Campion Academy Graduating Class of 1989

The last weekend of September had me in an airplane flying to Colorado for the Reunion of my graduating class of 1989 from Campion Academy in Loveland, CO. I got into Denver early enough to get my rental car and to have a chance to see the hospital where I was born and the house where I spent some of my early years, and of course I HAD to stop by and walk around the New Mile High Stadium! Oh yeah! I hope to be able to see a game there someday!




Well, I finally broke myself away from Mile High and headed up to Loveland and to Campion Academy. As I was headed to the campus, I saw the beautiful Rocky Mountains in the background. They were calling to me. I almost blew off the whole weekend and went to spend it up there, but decided not to!





Back to the scene of the crime, 20 years later, Campion Academy.











The photo montage of all my classmates hanging in the hall of our old school. Boy we were a good looking, young group of kids then, big hair and all! :)









I've got so many pics, I don't know where or how to post them all. This one of Tammy Caldwell Smith (L) and Kim Carle Brown cracked me up. Most all of us blew off Friday night vespers and just talked, and then we stood outside the gym during the church service and did more talking. (These two were ready for their Sabbath afternoon naps.) but we couldn't stop.






We paused for lunch then headed over to the fellowship hall of the church for an afternoon get together and more talking. Here's a pic of me with with some cousins, also graduates of Campion Academy.









We took a number of group pics every time a bunch of us got together. It was fun! We had 41 or 42 of the 65 we graduated return. That's a pretty respectable return! :)










Of course we didn't end there, we headed out to a nice restaurant, where we had a whole room to ourselves, and did more talking - in between bites of food of course! Here's my roommate all three years at Campion Billy and his wife Paula.











Then, as I was leaving, I once again looked back, longingly, at the mountains. Can't wait until I get to spend some time in them again!

It's been a good 20 years. Everyone has changed so much, yet everyone still has stayed the same. My how time flies!!! :)

1 comment:

Jen said...

heeeeeeeyyyy!!! I was like um.... 4 years old!!!! :D hehehehe