Saturday, October 17, 2009

Perfect Timing

I am just about two weeks post op of my surgery - the SLAP tear in my shoulder. I'll post some pics of the surgery soon - I hope! :)

Anyway, the surgery happened about 2 1/2 weeks later than I was originally hoping it would happen. I was kinda grumpy about that, but it's been done.

Well, I went to pick the kids up from school on Monday, since I'm off - recuperating - and a sign is posted at the school, and the kids all came home with notes stating that school is going to be closed the rest of the week due to 40% of the students being out because of the flu and everyone's just passing it around.

Doreen had some temp work at a Dentist's office on Monday and Tuesday, so it's really good that I've been able to be home this week (read, thankful that my surgery happened when it did) while the kids were off school.

Then we had some other cool timing issues this week. Since we were all going to be home on Wed, Thur & Fri, we made some family plans.

It's been raining cats and dogs here lately, so we wanted a couple of indoor things to do.

So we decided to go to the Discovery Museum downtown on Wed (since we can get in free this week due to work helping to sponsor an exhibit), catch a matinee on Thur and go to the Zoo on Fri after the rain subsides.

Well, the Discovery museum is closed on Wed - so we flopped plans and it worked out MUCH better. We got into the theater to see "Up" on $1 Wednesdays, so we paid $4 instead of the $10 it would have cost us. Awesome.

It just all worked out so perfectly - what a cool blessing!!!

I'm thankful to have someone in heaven that is a much better and effective planner than I can ever hope to be!

I love seein a 'plan come together!' :)

No comments: