Monday, October 19, 2009

Basketball Hoop

Miss Kim, the principal of the kid's school, asked if I'd help put a basketball hoop up that was donated towards the end of last school year. "Sure" I replied. Except this summer was so busy, I never had a chance to get to it!









Once school started, I had a bit of extra free time and got out there and dug a hole about 3 feet deep and two foot wide for the the base.














Then I filled it with concrete and let it set for two weeks or so.












Then I recruited some help to assemble this mess. Someone misplaced the assembly instructions, so Doreen and I had to take all these parts and try to figure out how they all fit together. At one point, I went in and got the Assistant Pastor to come give us a hand, cuz we had put one part together wrong, but already had the pole mounted, so we triple teamed it to take the one screw out and put it back in the proper hole! It really wasn't too bad!











We were successful, thank the Lord! From what I hear the kids really, REALLY like playing basketball on this new hoop!

Very, VERY Cool!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kinda hard to do one handed isn't it? Looks good.

The SSP said...

Yeah - we did this before the surgery - two handed! :)