Wednesday, October 28, 2009

B-17 OR Build & Fly Award

I had decided to teach my Adventurer group the Build & Fly Award. Then I found out that the following week a B-17 Flying Fortress was going to come spend a couple of days at the Collegedale airport. So I invited my Adventurer Builders and families to go with us to see it - just an extra exciting thing to do for the award!




For a buck each, we got to go tour the inside. Amazing how those men made those long trips in those very cold, very cramped quarters!








Photos of Joelle & Natalie in the nose of the plane where the Navigator and Nose Gunner sat.













Here's a pic of Doreen standing in the Radio room at the back of the Bomb Bay. Talk about antiquated equipment. And to think during WW2 this was top of the line technology! It's amazing we won! :)















Here I am coming into the Bomb Bay from the front. Look at that little 'isle' where the men had to walk across to get from one section to the other!
















My little gunner, Joelle!












Natalie taking a try at being a side gunner too!












I just love this pic of us standing in front of the symbol of all the US Air Force planes at the time! Awesome Stuff!!!

No comments: