Friday, October 17, 2008

Thankful for Plumbing Problems

Today I re-plumbed under our kitchen sink. The family who live here before us put in a garbage disposal. The only little problem with that is that we're on a septic system. I don't want to plug that thing up! Plus - the disposal has been dead for 6 or 8 months now.

I hadn't done anything about it - but when I was on the phone with Doreen the other night, she told me that the right sink in the kitchen was draining extremely slowly.

It was time. This morning, sorry I forgot to grab a pic - I cleaned the cabinet out and started tearing it all apart and got the disposal out. We ran some errands this afternoon, including a stop at a do it yourself place for some new pipes.

I got home, put one in and realized I needed to run back to the store for another pipe to be able to finish assembly. Got back and whipped it all together. It's nice to have that thing gone!

I'm very "thankful" for the plumbing problems though, cuz as I was working, I was thinking how grateful I am to be able to have regular schedule at work so now I know when I'm going to be home and what kind of time I have available to complete a project.

Not real thankful for actual plumbing problems, but thankful to know that God is leading in our lives and to be patient and wait for Him and how much better things will be in the end!

Have a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You dont have a lot of problems with a garbage disposal on a septic if you remember a few basic rules. Dont put cooked food down the disposal only fresh foods. Dont put an abundance of anything down at one time and always run a lot of water down with it. A little citrus really helps. We have had a disposal ever since we moved to this house in 88. Only had the septic pumped twice. Once it was a pluged potty and didnt need pumping but got it any way. So there is the care and keeping of a disposal on a septic 101. Mom