Sunday, October 05, 2008

A Taste of the Life to Come?

Looking through some old photos, I found this one. In 1973, when I was 3, we were visiting family in Texas I believe. I got a chance to climb up into my Uncle Maurice's truck, who was working for McKee deliverin' Amercia's Number 1 snack cakes.












Who would have guessed that 32 years later I would be driving for the same company doing the same thing. When I was three, I wanted to be an astronat or a police officer! :) My how things change. I went to school to be in radio, and did that a few years and now I drive a semi truck. The nice thing is I am content where I am! That is what is important!

I'll tell you one thing though. I am SO thankful to be driving a rig from this era. Just look at the difference! More room, more comfortable, better ride. Oh yeah!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

fuel was .25 back then and we were complaining about the high cost even then. Boy did we have a lot to learn.