Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Superbowl XL Thoughts

So, this was a decent Superbowl. It wasn't 'great' because, obviously the Broncos weren't in it. I enjoyed it though.

I'm glad I got to see it! I left on a trip Sat night with 6 stops in Kentucky. We ran 'em all, plus got a decent nap and I missed getting home and seeing the kickoff by like 3 minutes. Not bad. We were running hard heading home though. Didn't even take any potty breaks! He, he, he! We had some good friends over, some yummy pizza and snacks and of course a bowl full of a bunch of different flavored snack cakes! :)

The Steelers beat the Seahawks. Cool. That's who I was hoping would win. Doreen and I like Coach Cower and the owner, Mr Rooney. These guys have stood by each other in the good and bad times. Very unusual for today's sports climate. Typically, a bad season comes along and wholesale changes are made by ownership, or the coach or players jump ship for a better situation or more money. It's good to see this kind of committment! That and, as long as it's not the Raiders playing, I'll typcially pull for the AFC team. (Broncos = AFC West *GRIN*)

The game itself definetly had it's moments, but not the best. (Which game can top the Broncos getting their 1st Superbowl win XXXII, '97, by hanging on to beat Green Bay in the last :28 sec of the game. Not many, I'll tell you that! *GRIN*)

I was a little bit perturbed by some of the officiating in the game, but then I read this ESPN article by Gene Wojciechowski - Sorry conspiracy buffs, a loss sometimes is just a loss, and this is a guy I rarely ever agree with. (He kinda reminds me of the Denver Post Columnist, Mark Kiszla, the same attitude - negative about almost EVERYTHING, who I don't enjoy reading either.) He was right on here!

The commercials, as usual, were pretty good. The group we had here at our place, laughed heartily at: Ameriquest's 2 Ads, 'Doctor' & 'Fly the Friendly Skies,' (he, he, he), Bud Light's 2 commercials, 'Secret Fridge' & 'On the Roof.' We awed at Bud Light's 'Clydesdale American Dream' and were wowed by Bud Lights 'The Wave.'

Overall, it was a good Superbowl!

1 comment:

Trailady said...

Thanks for sharing your Superbowl with us again this year!! It was great. I liked the Clydesdale ad and the one about the 2 monsters having a baby Humvee. Always nice to get together with ya'll!!