Friday, February 10, 2006

3 Blessings - 1 Event

It was cool. Coming back from Florida, we had to stop in Valdosta to swap out trailers.

So just before Valdosta, we stopped at the Flying J in Lake City, GA to fuel. There on the islands were two other LD trucks.

So my partner decided to pull in behind one of them. I looked at the trailer number and realized that was the trailer we were supposed to swap. So we hopped out and went up and talked to the other driver.

So while he fueled my parner and I swapped all the gear, then we fueled quickly and then swapped trailers and headed on home.

It was cool for 3 reasons...

#1 - What's the chances of us pulling up the the same fuel stop with in mere moments of the other driver. We were headed to our outstation to pick up the other trailer, we probably had enough fuel to go the distance, but decided to fill up just to be safe.

#2 - What's the Chances of him having the exact trailer we were meant to swap.

#3 - What's the Chances that the timing was just perfect so we could get the work done quickly without killing any of his time or ours.

Man - that was a HUGE blessing! Very, VERY cool.

On a quick note, on our trip down to FL we made a delivery that would have cakes delivered to the Bahamas. Awesome!

Also, I just found out that I'll have two trips for this week under my belt by midnight Monday. (I've requested extra trips for this week to get some extra $$$'s to help catch our budget up.)

What a cool week of work! I Love my job! :)

1 comment:

Roseuvsharon said...

Hey Steve!

Next time you get down to the Valdosta area, stop by and see my in-laws for me. We don't get down there often enough, as we aren't able to get away from here often. I'm sure you'd love to see my in-laws' house, and they did freeze lots of those Georgia peaches, you might just be able to beg a bag of peaches off of them.