Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Spelling's OUT in Our Family

Yesterday afternoon I was thoroughly enjoying some time to relax after a busy weekend and a hectic day at work catching up after a much-needed vacation.

I was sitting in my recliner reading Clive Cussler's book called Serpent. It's an excellent read.

Joelle and Natalie were playing nicely and occassionally coming over to me and we'd talk for a moment about whatever they wanted then go back to what they were doing. Eventually they required my full attention which I was more than willing to give them.

We were playing and they seemed to have LOTS of energy so I said to Doreen, "After supper we should go to the P-A-R-K." (Specifically spelling the word park out in case she didn't like the idea, or had other plans, so the girls wouldn't know excactly what I said and be disappointed if we didn't end up going.)

Doreen agreed and immediately Joelle said, "I wanna go."

So I responded, "Go where sweetie?"

She answered, "The park."

You should have seen my jaw drop to the floor. My 3 1/2 year old had the knowledge to know what I spelled.

Unbelieveable - I figured I had at least another year of spelling things before she started catching on.

How WRONG I was.

And how unbelieveably smart my daughter is.

(Yes, I know - she inherited her Mother's brains - because even at age 34, I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer!!! LOL)

1 comment:

yoni cohen :: http://yocohoops.com said...

Hey-

Came across your blog today. Great stuff. Think the Sox will win the World Series year -- and the cosmos will be out of alignment.

Noticed that you are a sports fan. Hoping you could add a Blogroll link to my "College Basketball Blog,"
http://collegeball.blogspot.com. I'd very much appreciate a link on your site.

And would gladly return the favor, adding you to my blogroll.

Thanks!

Yoni Cohen, http://collegeball.blogspot.com
College Basketball Blog