Friday, October 08, 2004

Cast Off OR Over-worked

It is now officially off. Joelle is cast free. This morning before getting in the car to go to the doctor’s office, Joelle said she didn’t want to go right now because she was scared. Doreen re-assured her and they stopped by work and picked me up and up do the Dr’s office we ride.

We get there 15 minutes early, sign in and sit down for :35 seconds and get our name called. That has NEVER happened in a Dr’s office before. Doreen was walking over to the bathroom and promptly turned around and walked right back to go into the exam room with all of us.

A couple of minutes later the tech walks in with the cast cutting machine and gets ready to do the job. Joelle lays down and was a bit nervous, but as soon as the tech started cutting, Joelle started talking to her telling her all the stuff we have planned. Going to a bonfire Saturday night with her friends and leaving on Tuesday to fly on an airplane to go to Colorado to visit Grammy and Papa. It was CUTE! She didn’t even whimper this time.

After the cast came off - we cleaned her arm up and the she and I were whisked off to the X-ray room. It’s just NOW the official time of our appointment. The x-ray tech has Joelle put her two arms in two different positions - and Joelle pretty much instinctively put them there as quick as the tech put the film down.

The Dr looks at the x-rays and pronounced her officially healed! We walk out of the Dr’s office 10 minutes after our official appointment was scheduled. I repeat - that NEVER happens! Boy, they were on the ball today and did a GREAT job.

So the girls dropped me off back at work and I begin furiously editing spots. I arrived at work at 5a originally, auditioned 1 hour of programs and edited a spot and a half together before the girls got there to pick me up to leave for the Dr’s appointment at 8a. We get back by 10, the girls come in to show off Joelle’s no-cast arms and then take off. I stand around for another hour talking about LifeTalk’s move and some options we need to consider, then begin working on another spot.

I co-host a live call in show - today was a Bible Quiz. We typically average between 5 and 10 calls during the hour, today 26 calls on air.

After the show, I’m a bit worn out cuz live radio call in shows take work - I walk out to the car and snooze for 15 minutes.

When I get back in - refreshed after a power-nap I spend the next 3 ½ hours editing and mixing down about 50 spots and then have to quit. That’s a BOAT-LOAD of spots/editing/mixing. Much, MUCH more than I typically have to edit in a day. Wheew - wears me out just thinking about it. I’m trying to wrap up this special project before leaving on vacation on Tuesday. I’ve got 16 more to do on Monday and I’m all ready to go!

Yeeeeeeee haaaawwwwww.

We are SURE looking forward to this trip. That’s basically all Joelle’s been talking about today. Natalie’s still to young and completely oblivious to what lies ahead - but we are really anticipating a very relaxing, fun time visiting in Colorado.

Have a Happy Sabbath and a Wonderful Weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can vouch for the Dr's Office, and X-Ray is almost always behind. Glad to hear you guys had a good experience, and that Joelle is better. -Tim