Wednesday, October 06, 2004

2 Snakes OR The Flu Bug has Bitten

I don't know what the deal is, but Joelle is an expert at seein' snakes.

The other afternoon when she walked out of our house she spied a snake about the size of a pencil. I picked it up and it tried to bite me - it was so small it could barely get it's mouth open enough to get my finger. It was a pretty aggressive little bugger, and I wasn't sure if it was poisionous or not - so after Joelle held the tail and Natalie touched it a few times - that snake lost it's life.

We were down in Chattanooga at our property a day or two later and Joelle and Doreen spotted a garden snake that was about 2 feet long. I picked it up and the girls both handled it and what-not. Then we put it back down - far from where we were checking our building site out.

Maybe I've got a "Snake Hunter" on my hands - one that'll have a Southern accent instead of Australian! :)

Natalie caught a little flu bug. On Monday I got home and Doreen was outside with the weedwacker, Joelle was playing inside and Natalie was taking a nap. So I went in, changed, and started playing with Joelle. After a while I heard Natalie start to cry - so I got her up from her nap and her face was beet red and she was HOT. I took her temp and it was about 101.6. So I got her a drink and a cool rag for her forehead and neck to make her fell better. She just wanted to be held - so I did that. Doreen came in and we talked about it - I called the Pediatrician - who told us to pump her up with drugs and ride this little flu out, and to make an appointment for the next day. So I had to run to Wal-mart to get some kids Motrin and Tylenol. We used all we had up after Joelle came come from the hospital. The pain med they had her on was making her freaky - so we switched to kids Motrin and she did MUCH better. Before we gave Natalie a dose, we checked her temp again and she was up to 102.2. So we drugged her up - gave her a nice long, warm bath and put her to bed for the night. She slept like a rock - didn't hear from her AT ALL!

Yesterday, she was feeling MUCH better, but not 100% yet. Man these kids bounce back from stuff quickly! :)

Joelle, Doreen and I got our hair cut on Friday, getting ready for our trip. We discussed with the lady doing our hair about Natalie's - but decided not to cut it. My boss came in to get his hair done after we left and found out we'd talked about cutting Natalies hair. (BTW, he's one of the Good Guys in this world and I LOVE working with and for him!) He joked around with me on Sabbath that he'd told Valerie that he'll pay her double what we'd be willing to pay her to NOT cut Natalie's curls. That was hilarious! :)

She does have VERY cute curls and we're not planning to chop them for a while! :)

Have a Wonderful Wednesday y'all!!!!

No comments: