Saturday, January 03, 2009

Overdone!

Grettings and welcome to 2009.

You know, as a 38 year old, you'd figure that I would have learned how to do things in moderation and to pace myself.

Guess what? Nope - hasn't happened yet! :)

Oy vai!

Had my two trips at the beginning of the week. On Wed morning, I woke up with a bit of a stuffed nose and the beginnings of a sore throat. I should have just taken it easy and got to feeling better, but nope - couldn't do that.

Ran to two stores, to pick up videos for the kids to watch at the New Years party and do the grocery shopping. After getting home and putting the groceries away, we ran to the guy working on our home refinance to deliver some papers. Then off to a thrift store to find the family some 'hawaiian' shirts for the church surfin party on Thursday.

Once we did that, we meet my in-laws at Olive Garden for lunch and the to the mall, back to Build-a-bear for the girls to use up the last of their Christmas gift cards.

Back home we all took naps to be able to stay up until midnight - Doreen had to get the girls and me up, or we'd would have probably slept the night through.

At our friends house, we had lots of fun Wii, playing a board game, laughing, talking, eating and bringing in the new year, then setting off some fireworks. (My nose was starting to seriously run at this point.) We got home about 1:30a and crashed.

The next morning, Thursday, up at about 8:30a and make breakfast for me and the kids, then I run off to help some friends move. Which was a disaster, cuz the apartment wasn't packed, except for about 12 boxes and the duplex she was moving into was still being vacated. We loaded up the trucks, then waited 3 hours before we could unload.

Finished up and back home about 2p, grab a quick nap and the back to the church at 5:30 to help set up for the New Years party and stayed until 9:30p.

Then drop exhauseted into bed.

Friday, I did NOTHING, except blow my nose of course. The kids and I played a little DS, watched some TV and a movie and just chilled.

Today, Saturday, I'm playing hookie from church so I can hopefully feel good enough to run my trip for work tonight. We'll see.

It has been 3 years since I've been home on New Years, so I wanted to participate in ALL the activites and not miss a moment. I did, but I'm paying for it now! :)

Maybe moderation sinks into the mind permanently after 40? Probably not!

All in all, parties, sickness, activites - it has been a very good week.

Happy 2009!!! :)

No comments: