Friday, January 09, 2009

Frustrated!!

This morning I went to the gym to swim half a mile in the pool for exercise. While I was swimming my mind began to wander, as it often does, and I was starting to feel disappointed and frustrated.

You see, we have friends in California we'd like to go see - but I don't see us ever getting out there. We have family in Minnesota that we haven't seen in a year and a half we're desperately missing. We have family in Florida we'd love to go spend time with, but can't right now.

Then we have a set of friends that we want to go on a trip to the beach for a week - but have no vacation time or $'s to go. We also would love to go to Puerto Rico with some friends, but that is WAY out of the question. We've got a set of friends that have been on a number of cruises and we want to go on one with them!

Of course I want to get to Hawaii so bad and Doreen has a hankerin to get to Alaska. That will put each of us in all 50 states, respectively. I just don't know when we're gonna be able to squeeze those in.

On top of all that I've got a cousin getting married in Cape Cod this summer and would like nothing better to attend that for him and the experience of being there. I just might be too far to make the trip. Also my sister-in-law will be finishing up her masters this spring and if she marches in her graduation, we'd love to be able to support her as well.

When I think about that I just get frustrated at vacation time and the money it takes to make all those trips and to really enjoy them.

Now of course I'm really thankful because we were out in Colorado visiting family in May/June and hopefully we'll be able to get out there at Christmas '09 for another visit.

My folks and grandma are coming out in May for Natalie's kindergarden graduation, so that's awesome.

Doreen and I are both excited to take a weekend each and are planning to go to both our 20th Academy Reunions this year. (Doreen and I are going to Keene, TX in March and I'm going to Loveland, Co at the end of Sept.)

So much to do, so many places to go, so little time 'off' and money! :)

Guess I'm just gonna have to wait for Heaven to have all the time I need to visit family and friends anytime and anywhere.

(Still can't help but feel a little frustrated now though!)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know the feeling well. Some much to do and so little money to do it with. POP

Laura said...

Hey, what about Thailand! You didn't forget about your burning desire to visit us over here, did you?! =)

The SSP said...

Yes and no - Yes I forgot to add it to the list. (I knew there was a trip we were wanting to take I was forgetting!!) No, we'd LOVE to come visit y'all.

It's just all about the time and money thing - same frustration again! :) :(

Anonymous said...

Know the feeling well----family and friends in 3 cities in Ca.,friends in Az, family/friends in Co. and so many places i just want to see in this wonderful USA! But as the old saying goes No Mon, No Fun!

Anonymous said...

Sorry I forgot to put my name on my post above. Thats what happens when you get old :) LOL Gwen