Thursday, January 31, 2008

Second Racquetball League Game

Today right before lunch I had my 2nd game in the racquetball league.

Fun game, challenging game, I got my hiney handed to me! :)

Kevin H won in three games, 15-7 13-15 11-5.

I started really slow. Didn't have much time to warm up, which probably hurt me. Note to self for future games - show up earlier and practice a bit!

The second game I had him down 14-7 and he came all the way back to 13, not good. The third game we stayed tied thru 5 points, then I couldn't return his serve. When I did and when I'd actually get serve back, I'd blow by double faulting or just wiff on a ball.

I did that a bunch today. Gotta maintain more control and hit shots, then once I get that down regularly, then try to work the back corners and low ones.

Well - another good match - got another one next week. It's lots of fun playing against different people with different styles of play. I'm also enjoing playing people better than me so I can get better! Can't wait for the next challenge! We'll see how it goes!

Hopefully I'll win the next one!

No comments: