Sunday, January 20, 2008

A Good, yet Unexpected Day!

Today, I had to tell the children's story at church and then home for lunch with my in-laws and then back to the church at 4pm for a parenting seminar. Everthing was on schedule right up to lunch. Then right as the meal started I got a call, the power at church went out right after special music. They didn't know if it was gonna come back on, so we cancelled the seminar. It worked out great to just have a family afternoon, the 4 of us with my in-laws.


You'll have to check out my in-laws blog for some pics that my kids took of how they dressed up my father-in-law. But we had some great time to talk, Doreen, Joelle and I had a fun tickle fight and Natalie played numerous games of tic-tac-toe with my father-in-law. (My mother-in-law did a great job of taking these photos.)

I even ended up snoozing for a few moments on the couch.

Even though plans changed - it was a great day!

1 comment:

Shelly said...

Hey!!! Good job being flexible with a change in the agenda! Our church was cancelled and social event was cancelled because of our weather. It was sorta of fun being bored at home. That doesn't happen very often.