Friday, January 11, 2008

Last Truck In

Got home at 3p today from a run. This was the latest I've ever been home on a Friday.

My run was a relay out to our Arkansas plant. I was to meet another driver at a Transfer Point, swap trailers and come home.

I was scheduled out Thursday at 9am. To the transfer point it's about 500 miles. So I got to the yard at 8a to get the tractor and trailer hooked up and get my gear in the truck.

Got my gear in the tractor, and couldn't find the trailer. Turns out it is still in route from a pick-up in NC. The guy wasn't in any hurry.

He got in to the yard at 11:20am. I dropped the trailer, swapped tractors, and off I went.

Ran out and partway back, shut down for my DOT manditated 10 hours, then got up and boogied home.

About 40 minutes before getting in, a dispatcher called asking for my ETA, yup, I'm the last truck in.

It's good to be home! :)

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

is it last in first out or last in last out