Friday, November 16, 2007

WARNING: Severe Radiation Ahead, Enter at Your Own Risk!!!

One of the assignments in Doreen's Dental Hygiene program is that she has to find some of her own patients to practice taking real x-rays of their teeth.






Well, she had some people lined up who were going to help her today, but they called on Wednesday and had to cancel because of a death in the family. Well, she talked to another friend of ours to be a minuteman but was worried about the 'other' patient she needed.






Guess who got to be her guinea pig? I'll give you a sec to think about it as you view this pic of her getting all geared up!

(Hum the theme for Jeopardy here...)














Her ever loving hubby volunteered!!!

Yup, I went in, and she sat me in the chair, threw the iron 'bib' on me and for the next 25 minutes took 18 different shots of ALL the teeth in my head. She's say, "Open, bite down gently, turn your head this way, sit still." Good practice for her with REAL patients! Ha, ha, ha! I could tell, she felt a bit of pressure and was a bit nervous, but she did a great job and got them through and done quickly, proficiently and professionally!




It probably doesn't matter that I've had the 'Big V' done, cuz after that many shots of those radiations ions, I'm not sure we could ever have kids again! Waaaaa ha, ha, ha, ha!!!!

Acutally, the cool thing was, she was allowed 3 retakes if something turned out wrong. Of those 18 x-rays, she had to retake a total of zero! The teacher was mightly impressed.

The bigger issue is, we found out our dentist is not doing his job. They found a cavity in tooth #15. I just had x-rays taking in July at my last cleaning and both the instructor and the Dr. at the school said there is NO way that cavity started just since July. So, now we've got to find a new - GOOD - dentist!!! (The good thing is Doreen's in a place where we can get a good reference!!! GRIN)

Anyway, Doreen is excelling at her training at the School of Dental Hygiene at Chattanooga State. She still could use her prayers though! Lots more to come for her!

2 comments:

Shelly said...

That is so cool. I'm glad Doreen is doing good, but I guess I'd be shocked if she didn't do good. I think this is going to be a perfect job for her and it seems like she is enjoying it so far! Seems like its far from the med tech job she had.

Anonymous said...

Hey - it helped that you were such a good patient! No complaining and complete compliance. That's the way I would hope all my patients will be but I know they won't. But thanks for helping me get through it with flying colors!

Doreen