Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Traffic, Traffic, Traffic

My last trip before the Thanksgiving Holiday was a relay trip to Mebane, NC.

The trip started an hour and a half late due to an additional 40 cases that had to be put on the truck.

Well, I finally got underway and things were great between Collegedale and Knoxville. Between Knoxville and the NC state line, not bad - then about 40 miles in to North Carolina, things got busy. For the next 100 miles it was crazy. The roads were just extremely busy.

Made it at 9pm, unloaded those cases, swapped trailers and hit the bunk.

10 hours later, up, pre-tripped the truck, and headed out. I hit rush hour traffic in Greenboro, NC that slowed me down and then it was fine for a while - then most of the rest of the way home was just crowded with vehicles. Lots and lots of vehicles.

Man, this Thanksgiving holiday season, even with gas a $3 a gallon, there's still a TON of people traveling!!!

Then 10 miles before getting back home there was an accident that backed traffic up. I had to go to the restroom sooooo bad!!!! Man o man!!

Boy, was I ever so glad to get back!

Now to enjoy the holiday!

Cherrio! :)

No comments: