Friday, April 27, 2007

Freaky Friday

Boy, do I got to tell you about the start of this Freaky Friday.

I went to bed about 1 am this morning. It's a habit I've gotten into because of the 'late' nights I keep driving a truck. Kinda keeps me on a schedule. :)

Anyway, about 6:30a I hear this weird sound in our bathroom that is right off our bedroom - it was basically a thud.

Well, not knowing what it was, I jump out of bed, flick the light on to find Doreen slumped on the floor, head in the corner feet jammed near the potty. She's white as a ghost, breathing very shallowly (is that a word?) and her eyes are half open staring into nothing.

Thinking about my grandfather who had a stroke and passed away in '92, with kind of those same symptoms, I freak and try to wake her. Nothing. No response.

So I grab the phone and dial 911. We've got a VOIP phone, and since we've moved - the company we're with hasn't changed our address - so they were a bit confused with the address thing, so I had to walk them through that and then get transferred.

During all this, I'm still trying to get through to Doreen and finally, she responds, so I sit her up and tell 911 to forget it.

So she starts coming around - and then lays down on the floor. While she's on the floor, she talks with me coherently, but her skin's all clammy and she has her eyes half open doing all this freaky eye stuff.

20 mintues later she gets up and back into bed.

She's perfectly fine now.

Now some back story...

Last night her tummy felt a little rumbly, so she drank some herbal tea we have called 'Smooth Move.' It's a laxitive of sorts.

She was sitting on the potty when she passed out, and before that she was having a diareah issue and feeling very much like she was going to hurl.

I was talking on the phone with a church member today and he says at his work, a bunch of people called in sick with a bug causing those two symptoms.

So with the tea - it just added to the problem and her body reacted not to good to this whole thing.

Of course I didn't react too good to this whole thing. It is NOT good getting woke up to find that your wife has passed out on the floor. That's a REAL shock to the system, ya know?

Doreen keeps teasing me when I kinda tease her about it, she says "I'm the victim here..."

"No way," I reply, "You were konked out on the floor, I'm in a panic wondering what has gone happened to you and scared spitless for 2 minutes with no response from ya."

She is doing much, MUCH better. She still feels a little fatigued, but better.

I'm gonna make it too, I think. :)

Just NO more Freaky Fridays!!!

1 comment:

Roseuvsharon said...

Glad Doreen is okay.

That is certainly a freaky Friday that I wouldn't want to repeat either.