Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Can't Catch a Break! :(

The last three weeks at work have been challenging. For starters, late one Wednesday night in North Carolina, I was backing up out of a warehouse and hit a fence post and bent it up good. AAARRGGHHHH! Man was I mad. Not to mention that we didn't even need to be in the fence at that warehouse - we could get to the doors from the front! The instructions were misleading!

Then to top it all off, yesterday, in Chilhowie, VA as I was looking for a warehouse, I took an exit, stopped at the red light and then pulled through the light, only to see a VA State trooper behind me. I was being pulled over. My co-driver was shocked and asked why? I had no answer.

The trooper walked up asked for my paperwork - so I gave it to him, and he told me he caught me speeding, 74mph in a 55 speed zone. As we walked back to his patrol car - he told me he'd cut me a break and only write the ticket for 69 in the 55.

Ok - I'm thankful for that, it helps out in so many ways with my profession, but man I don't believe it was doing 74. I was doing maybe 65 at the max, but I can't prove it.

I feel annoyed like I was 'profiled' or something like that - but there's nothing I can do. The ticket will cost me $126, but the court costs, trip to VA, and a day off to go to court just isn't worth fighting it.

Maybe next week will be a better one for me! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So Steve were you in Virginia, or West Virginia? There is a difference you know!

The SSP said...

There is? Oh yeah - there is! :)

Yeah - I was in Virginia.