Sunday, December 18, 2005

Whirlwind Pt 2

Well - it's Sunday and the Broncos won yesterday evening. That makes it a GREAT Sunday! :) That and I get most of today at home. Makes for a great weekend.

I leave out tonight at 10p for St Petersburgh, FL and I'll be back late, late Mon night. Then I leave Tue evening for Columbus, GA and I'll be back Wed evening sometime and then I'll be done with any trips until the next Monday. How awesome is that??!!!

This afternoon we're going to an Adventurers & Family Christmas party. Should be lots and LOTs of fun.

After the party I've got to get all my ducks in a row for our Christmas Presents to those we send 'em to, so Doreen can send it all out on Monday while I'm gone and hopefully everyone will get it by Christmas! :) Yeah - we got a late start this year, with the job stress and job change, closing on properties and helping my in-laws get things done on the property here - well - Pre Planning for Christmas got put on the back burner and now we're struggling to get it done. YUCK! Gotta plan better next year! Much, MUCH better!

Right now as I write this journal, I'm going through and making a copy of all the 'information,' credit cards, membership cards and personal stuff that I carry in my wallet. I've heard somewhere, that is a very good thing to do incase of a stolen or lost wallet. Since I'm all over the country - I figured it'd be a 'safe' thing to do in case I left it somewhere - so... voila!

We closed on our Illinois property after 4 years - HALLELUJAH! I can't believe it's finally done. We've waited so long and prayed that it would close and it finally has. WOW!

So we left at 6a on Thur - drove 6 hours to Benton, IL - ate a quick lunch, signed a bunch of papers - got the check, (VERY Important) and headed back down to an appointment in Nashville. The drive between Benton & Nashville (3 hours) took longer, it seemed, than the whole morning trip! Aye yai, yai! We made our appointment we had there, then ate at Taco Bell and headed over to the Grand Ole Opry Hotel and convention Ctr to see the Christmas lights. Beautiful. Amazing! Wowzers!

The hotel has a 15 story atrium (I think they said it covers 4 or 5 acres) Through it they have a 2 1/2 foot 'river' with 450,000 gallons of water snaking through it.
It's $12 bucks to park in the Hotel parking lot and so we circled 4 times trying to figure out where to park, then saw some people walking through the trees on a sidewalk and realized - they're parking in the Opreyland Mall parking area - so we drove over there and saved that dough, then decided to spend it on the boat ride around the atrium - definetly worth it!

It was amazing how they had this place decked out. It was flat out beautiful. They had a HUGE Christmas tree that I don't think anyone could have squeezed another light on it. They have a fountain at one end and every hour they have it do a 'dance' to some awe-inspiring Christmas music.

We walked around seeing more of the sights, then headed back to our motel to crash for the night.

Got up the next morning - had a great continental breakfast with 'fresh' waffles, cereal and stuff then drove back to Grandma March's place to get her to sign some paperwork and to put our 'check' in our account and then stop by home to do a couple of things then up to Larry & Sandra's for Sabbath. It was a long day and it seemed like we were running behind the whole time - but we got just about everything done.

Sabbath was a beautiful day with a wonderful music Christmas service.

Hope you had a great weekend. Blog ya before Christmas sometime. Doreen finishing wrapping some Christmas presents and I've gotta change for the party. Then watch some football this afternoon!

Have a 'great' week y'all!

1 comment:

Trailady said...

Wow- whirlwind is right! Glad things worked out for you. Enjoy your updates!! Have a good week.