Saturday, December 03, 2005

Theory of Kids and Sleeping In.

So I have a theory - it correlates to parents being able to sleep in with the direct porportion of the automatic waking time of kids.

Here's the restults of the study I conducted this week.

On Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday (got home about 5a and jumped into bed for a short rest), I was off and we had the 'opportunity' to sleep in. Each of those mornings, my daughters woke up at 6:30a - or earlier.

Then on Thursday I had to leave for the Bakery at 8:15a - they did not get up until I was ready to leave.

So my theory is - if parents get to sleep in, kids wake up early. If parents have to get up early, the kids sleep late.

YUCK! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can vouch for your research. My kids do the same thing.

Trailady said...

Unfortunately, very true! My husband also works odd hours & it's hard to get our kids to go to bed when he gets home late in the evenings. If they go to bed on time, they don't get to see him much. If they stay up late, they don't want to get up...