Monday, December 26, 2005

Merry Christmas is Over - Now Happy New Year

Man - what an awesome weekend!

Friday, the in-laws came down with their FedEx truck and we cleaned out the storage unit. Dang - all of us were suprised how much we had jammed into that little room. We were all too pooped and lazy to unload it - so we just left the truck sitting in front of the garage and did other things. I had to run to the store for some last minute Christmas stuff. I tell ya - they had ALL their registers open and no line was shorter than 5 people in it. So finally I got checked out and had to stop and get some gas before getting home - had to wait in line there too. I tell ya, next year, the week before Christmas - I am NOT going out to do or get anything! :)

Sabbath was a beautiful Church service with music and reading etc. I was blessed.

We got home - whipped up lunch - my in-laws arrived and we ate and ate and ate. Then had a piece of cherry and pumpkin pie for dessert. Yummy.

We chilled a bit to let lunch settle, then headed over to some friends house that we're taking care of their critters. While we were there, Doreen snagged a 'fireball' outta the candy jar and I was laughing as she continually was holding the thing in her teeth wheezing as she breathed cuz of the hot. Waaa ha ha ha! I suppose I'll have to eat one to show her how it's done! ;)

When we finished up there - back home, piddled around until after sundown and then started the maddess of opening presents. The girls went NUTS tearing into everything. Very - VERY cute.

They cleaned house with a ton of cool things from us, the grandparents (on both sides) and aunts and uncles. Doreen got some neat things and I cleaned up with 3 Garfield books to add to my collection, 2 geocaching t-shirts that rock, a football shirt and 2 escape hammers. (They help ya bust through windshields/windows and cut through seatbelts in the event of an accident.) Doreen got me one for our pickup and one to haul with me on the truck. Awesome.

We assembled everything and the girls went wild playing with everything. They couldn't figure out what to play with there was so much stuff! Course it took a while to get it all out and assembled! :)

Off to bed with the girls, then we watched 'Greenfingers.' A great movie inspired by actual events. The language was a little rough, but a great little flick.

Then off to bed with us!

The next morning after breakfast and the kids opening their stockings, we headed out to the garage to empty the storage unit stuff into it. We finally got it all done with only one mishap. The 2nd from the last item was a huge, heavy (even though it was empty) filing cabinet, going up the step into the door fell and the thing landed on him. He was ok - so we finished up and chilled.

The in-laws left later that afternoon, the girls played with their toys. Doreen and I watched some football. And then day over. Girls to bed, Doreen and I watched "As Good As It Gets." Then to bed.

I just finished reading the book, "Sweet Success." A biography of O.D. McKee - the founder of the bakery I drive for. Man, he went though a bunch of tough stuff to get it started. But he was persistant and creative and look where it is today. Amazing!!!

As I look back over this weekend - it was a blessed Christmas weekend!

Don't know when my trips go out this week, and really don't care - just thankful to be able to enjoy good quality family time!

Hope your Christmas was greatly blessed!

Out!

1 comment:

Trailady said...

Glad to hear you had a good Christmas! :o) We had a good one too.