Monday, October 03, 2005

The Change... The Story


<--- This is going to be my new boss! :) Well in a sense, but I'm not kidding. I have resigned from my current place of employment. I used to LOVE going to work, but over the last year, things have just gone into the pits. It is extremely sad some of the things that are going on there and where it is being taken.

So, last February, I decided to put in an application at McKee Foods, Little Debbie's parent company, as one of their drivers. When I put the application in, my prayer was that if they called it was meant for me to accept the job. At the beginning of Aug, they called for an interview. Then a week later I was given a road Test and passed with flying colors. After we got back from Colorado they called for a 2nd interview, then I took a drug screen, which DHL promptly shipped to the wrong state and was lost. So I had to go back in for a second drug screen test, passed and was offered a job Friday morning. So Friday afternoon I handed in my resignation.

I tell ya what - it was like a HUGE Gorilla jumped off my back. So, if I can survive during the next 7 days, I will be free!

Anyway, Mon Oct 17 is my first day of orientation. I've got a week of orientation, 5 weeks of training and a 4 month probationary period. Shouldn't be a problem though.

So I'm in the same boat - basically - as Cheryl.

To a happy life!!!

OUT!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats for you, Steve. Sometimes a move must be made and you just gotta get out...or come out (in my case)..either way, do what you've gotta do.

Best to you, always!

Anonymous said...

Hope all goes well for you. I saw a Little Debbie's truck just today! Hehe.