Friday, October 07, 2005

Adventurers OR Being Inconsiderate

Hey, hey, hey - what do ya say?!!

IT'S FRIDAYYYYYY! Oh yeah.

Today I did my last radio show. No more radio for me - probably for a very long time. How sad that conditions have forced me to resign from a place where I have the potential to do what I love. Sad, sad, sad. Oh well - moving on...

Tonight Joelle was invested into her first Adventurers club. It was a precious service and she was a saint sitting up front. I was extremely suprised and proud how well she did - especially with a couple of kids around here not behaving as they should. One boy was making so many faces, it was quite humorous - but I'm glad it wasn't my daughter. She was perfect. (Check out the pics - further down this page - of her in the cute little uniform.)

A great end to a busy week. Trying to get everything done I need to at work to leave a clean break. 3 days left. PTL!!!

So what is it with people being so blasted inconsiderate lately? I just don't understand it. Case(s) in point...

#1 - This week my family and I went up to a 'park,' for a day to get away. Joelle's been begging, I had a day coming and we just needed to get away. So while we're there - we have to take the girls to the restroom a number of times. When I take them, I obviously have to take them into the stall. What is the deal with guys leaving the seat down and making a HUGE mess?? Hello - it takes all of half a sec to lift the lid. Uh DUH!! And what part of "If you sprinkle when you tinkle, be a sweetie and clean the seatie" is so hard to do. Not to mention it is really, REALLY gross. Come'on guys who leave a mess - be considerate and clean it up.

#2 - Yesterday, we went to the grocery store to do our weekly shopping. Get into the store and start down the main isle with Joelle in the cart. 4 People just standing, in such a way to block the entire isle, are doing nothing but talking and being in the way. This is a MAIN isle - hello. Two other people besides me get 'behind' them and can't get through because they're being so incredibly inconsiderate. Uh - MOVE IT! A polite 'excuse me' was uttered - and NO response - so we had to go around. And that was just the beginning. Three other times last night - people would just 'stop' right in the middle of whatever isle we were in and leave me no way around while they looked for whatever they were looking for. Aaarrgghhhh! Have we become such a self-centered socieity that we no longer care about those around it - even in the super simple things of just stepping out of the way so people can get through?

And I'll stop here - after this one.

#3 - When we got to the grocery store, it was raining lightly, and Doreen started down a row to park so we could go shopping. We sat waiting for about 3 minutes while someone - who was 'waiting for a front-row' parking spot. Finally we backed up, went down a couple of other rows and finally found a spot. As we walked inside - the same car was sitting waiting for the same spot - meanwhile blocking up the entire row so that other vehicles wanting to get through were blocked in behind it. That is flat out pure, unadulterated inconsiderateness.

Sad - sad - SAD!

Tomorrow we have a reunion of sorts. Our college almamater is having a SAU potluck reunion of alumni after church. So we'll be there - to visit with my college counselor and wife and others, just for the fun of it!

Have a GREAT weekend!

No comments: