Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Airport or Hair Port



So which is it? When I was a little boy, one of the things we used to do was to drive to the outside of the airport in Denver and watch planes take off and land. Dad used to stand me on top of of the car and love each time a plane took off and landed. It was awesome. So my folks would ask me where we were and I'd say, "Hair port." They'd then say, "No, say Airport." I'd then say "Hair Port." My mom would then say, "Steven, say air." I'd say, "Air." Then she say, "Now say Port." Then I'd say "Port." "Now Steven, put them together and say airpot." Out of my mouth would pop, "Hair Port." He, he, he.

When I saw this sign over this hair cutting place - I remembered those experiences and had to take this photo, as a great memory. :)

No comments: