Thursday, March 10, 2005

Up a 100' Tower (almost didn't make it) or We're On the Air

What a day, WHAT A DAY!

It started at 6:30a this morning with me slappin' together and downin' a coupl'a fried egg sandwiches, gluten, an orange and a banana.

Once at the church - I unloaded ALL the junk outta my truck and started organizing the 'troops' that showed up to help. We eventually had about 25 people around and I was trying to get things done and to keep them all busy so no one was just standing around.

What a juggling act that was.

We got just about everything done. And Praise the Lord we're on the air with local music. All we're lacking is getting the satellite dish tuned to the proper channel on the satellite and a couple other little, little things to get done and we'll be up and running completely.

Today, Eddie, Dawn and I were gonna climb the tower to get everything done. Well - I got up that first 20' feet and wasn't sure I wanted to go another 80' feet straight up on something that got thinner and smaller. (The ironic thing is that while we're building this tower, I saw exactly how strong and sturdy it was and now I was starting to get chicken!) Finally Eddie started up and said we can do this - so I hooked in and up we went.

We were on the top for the better part of an hour and a half, gettin' the antenna mounted and the cable fixed into place. Couldn't believe it. Then it took us the better part of at least another hour and 15 minutes to work our way down - attaching the cable all the way down.

We had a GREAT group there today getting LOTS done. Got another couple of hours there tomorrow to get more finished and then it's just running the automation system. I'm looking forward to having the building done. The radio board has appointed a manger and he can take care of the day to day stuff! :)

Praise the Lord.

(By the way, my hands are extremely sore from 'hangin' on for dear life while attaching an antenna and stuff. My feet, legs and back are wore out from balancing on a delicate perch. Thank the Lord for a night of rest to work those awful kinks out!!!)

Hey, don't know about you - but for the first time this evening - I saw the trailer for Star Wars III. I can't wait to see it. If anyone ends up with the Boxed DVD set of all 6 movies, plus extras (Yeah I know, it'll be a LONG, LONG time before that comes out!!!) and you decide you don't want it - gimme a call - I'll take it off your hands for you!

If I don't blog between now and the weekend - have a BLESSED weekend!

No comments: