Monday, March 14, 2005

More Stories & Stuff

So yesterday Joelle was going potty. (A great way to start a story eh? He, he, he!) After she finished I helped her wipe and we use a 'special' wet-wipe. So after she was done, she went and squatted over the 'heating' vent and said, "Gotta use air to dry off. I'm done now." Waaaa ha, ha, ha, ha! I just died laughing!

Then there was the morning I woke up about 3am and felt 'Doreen' scooted ALL the way over to my side of the bed. So I got up and went to the restroom, came back and tried to climb in bed and found, Joelle, all sprawled out on my side. So I tried climbing back in and scootin' her over, but alas - I ended up with about 6 inches to sleep on. Not good. I dond't want to wake her/them up - so I went to go lay down on the futon for the rest of the night. Turns out that Joelle woke up in the middle of the night with a leg hurtin. Doreen put some 'goop' on it to 'help' her feel better. Then Doreen let her crawl in bed with us. (Of course this is an event that very RARELY happens.) Still, it was cute!

So this weekend was good for us. Sabbath was a good day at church, then naps after potluck - then some good friends came over for the evening. It was VERY enjoyable.

Sunday morning we got up and had a GREAT breakfast, then for the 3 hours Doreen and I were packing like CRAZY trying to get ready to move. We packed and packed and packed. We got lots done and are feeling a little more prepared to move. Course we still got LOTS to pack - but we'll make it happen over the next 3 weeks or so.

Well, it's back to work this week. One word really sums it up. Yuck. In the car at 6:45a, home by 7p (hopefully). Not the ideal. No family time. If I could enjoy my work more - with the changes - it's not as enjoyable as it used to. So, right now, I'm living for weekends and for our house to get built so live can get more back to normal.

By the way - the electrician is close to being done and the painter will be wrapped by Friday. The plumber will be finished this week hopefully. Wednesday, the gutter guys will get those done. Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday - weather permitting and Lord willing the bricks will be finished. Then we'll be just that much closer to being able to move! Yeeee haaaaaaw!

Ok - you can wake up now, you've waded through this!

Blessings to each of you!

No comments: