Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Under 200

Today, after a few weeks off a scale, weighed myself at the gym and the magic number was 199.

For the first time in over a decade I weigh less than 200 lbs. Wow, that's good and bad. Good that it's coming down, bad that it has been up that high for so long.

I think at my biggest I weighed 217, and now I'm down to under 200! Sweet!

It started a while back, my back was hurting, my cholestrol was high, my triglycerides were high and just always tired.

Well, I started going to the gym regularly and then I made a concerted effort to eat better. Still struggle with how much I eat, but I am eating better.

When I'm on my trips, now that I have a regular schedule I only eat fast food typically once a week. When I do grab some fast food I only grab one burger instead of two and get the small fries instead of the large. I take more to drink with me so I'm not buying a soda and a coffee every trip. Instead of junk food I bring extra fruit and veggies with me to munch.

Haven't been to the gym regularly as I'd like lately, but still playing racquetball pretty regularly. When I get tired on a trip instead of buying junk food to munch, I'll stop at a truck stop and walk around the entire lot - and some of those are pretty big. Gets the blood pumpin and invigorates me to drive longer.

I was pretty excited to see that 199 come up on the screen.

Now if I can just keep it up, going down! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Super job! Very awesome. Keep up the good work! Love love love!!!!!

Wifey

Anonymous said...

Iwas doing well with los lbs and then went on the cruise. WELL got back 5 of the 20 I had lost. Any way congrats on the under 200. Hope I can gewt there in the next few months. POP