Tuesday, December 23, 2008

1st Snow Trip

Last week I had my first snow trip for work. Oy vai! It's been nice not having snow, just the cold mostly.

Well, we had an IL run and the only way to get where we were going was through KY.

I got to drive out and went north and was great thru Nashville and the rest of TN.

Once I hit the TN/KY state line it got nasty. About 10 minutes into KY, the snow was anywhere from 4 to 6 inches and a car got right on my tail and followed me for the next 120 miles. It stayed there the whole way.

We drove slowly alway through to IL. Once I turned off I-24 onto I-57 north, about 5 miles and the nasty weather was gone. That car followed another 3 or 4 miles, then passed me, honked, waved and zoomed! I was so glad to be out of that stuff!

We hit our drops, and at the 3rd one it started raining/sleeting. We got to our last one and emptied out and then headed home.

At the intersection between the little road the warehouse was on and the main highway we had to wait, turnes out 7 cars slid on the black ice on the road and into the ditch, so traffic was backed up. While we were waiting at the stop sign a lady was turning onto the road we were turning off of, and she just about slid into us. It was freaky and funny at the same time.

Needless to say, I was glad to be done with that whole trip!

No comments: