Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Dam!

Joelle and I did something Saturday afternoon that I, literally, have not done in years - build a rock dam in a creek. It was a LOT of fun. I had forgotten how much fun it is! :)

We were checking out the progress in my in-laws renovation/building project and went out the garage and naturally, Joelle heads for the creek. She wanted to build a dam, and we hesitated - then said, "Ok we'll work on it for a few minutes." So Joelle and I, along with Doreen and Natalie for a few minutes started hauling rocks of all shapes and sizes.




After getting a couple of big ones and putting them into place I really got into it. We'd gather rocks and fill the 'gaps' and go get more till eventually we could walk across. Now we had created a 'little' pond just before our dam, where none had been before.

It was a ball. Our hands got cold in the water sometimes, but it was most definetly worth it. It was an awesome Daddy daughter time!

Plus, it sure is fun being a kid - I just gotta remember that!! :)

No comments: