Monday, August 13, 2007

Date or Bourne Ultimatium

Today has been a GREAT day.

Doreen got up early to go get some immunization shots she needed for school. Sht got 3 of them poor girl! I got up a bit later and made breakfast for the girls and then we hung around the house for a while.

When Doreen got home we went to do our grocery shopping for the week. Done!

Then home, put the groceries away, then took the girls over to the in-laws to be kid-sat so we could have a date! (An afternoon date is awesome, Lunch prices, Matinee prices and you're in the A/C when it's super-hot outside!!!)

We headed over to our favorite restaurant, Imperial Garden. She got a honey garlic veggie chicken dish. I got beef brocolli with soup & an egg roll. YUMMY! Of course we topped it off with a fortune cookie. Hers was "A fond memory will help reconnect you with a long-lost friend." Mine was "You will do something different & unique this weekend." OK!

After we finished our fine meal, we stopped at a store to get the girls some shirts for the Friday dress code, but the line was about 6 people deep, so we passed. We looked around and split.

We headed to the theater that had The Bourne Ultimatium at 1:50p, the one we thought it was anyway. WRONG. Wasn't there. I checked online just before we left and even hit the 'map' option to make sure we had the right one, but something was mixed up - and so we headed to the theater in the mall, sure enough - that was the right one.

For the next two hours we watched enraptured by the movie. Boy was it great! I would put it on an equal level with the 2nd one. Not as good as the first, but excellent! Most excellent. The story and action were awesome. I wasn't crazy about all the 'hand held' look they floated in the cinamatography, but what do I know?

After the movie, we headed to the Marble Slab Cremery for dessert. We walk in and try to figure out what ice cream to mix with what topping and what cone to put it in. OH MY GOODNESS, that is tough. The lady was waiting, so I said, "Give me the coffee ice-cream with the heath bar." While she was making it up, I was pointing it all out to Doreen and noticed the fresh fruit in the 2nd row of goodies, and said shoot. Doreen IMMEDIATELY volunteered to take my 1st order so I could create another. So I reluctantly agreed. I then ordered strawberry ice-cream with fresh strawberries in a waffle cone dipped in white chocolate. It was good, but not as good as what Doreen had. Then she only allowed me two licks of hers. Man, should have stayed with my first instinct! :)

Then back to my in-laws where we sat with them talking and helping them roll some coins they've been saving for a while. With no quarters in the mix, they rolled $283.50. Not a bad pay-day!

So we loaded the kids in the car and headed home. After a bit, the girls did their bedtime routine, we read the next chaper in the 'Little House on the Prairie" series we're reading to them, then worship and to bed.

We came downstairs, Doreen did some work on the computer, I got some exercise by walking on the treadmill.

While walking, the Pre-season Monday Night football game came on. I had no idea it was the Broncos playing at the 49ers. I watched all the 1st quarter and most of the 2nd half. Then caught some Enterprise and most of Xmen 2. (That actually wasn't a bad flick.)

Now I'm polishing off the day with a blog update and then off to bed.

Tomorrow, we organize the new school supplies, work on getting our schedules (upcoming stuff with schools, Doreen's & the girls, Adventurers, Young Adult SS, Church and probably about 50 more things. Boy life is busy!) and maybe go through the girls toys and 'thin' out some of the stuff they don't play with a lot. Then we have registration for Adventurers. Of course I'll get my next work assignment tomorrow night as well.

All is well in our family. Hope it is yours as well!

'Pester' ya later! :)

No comments: