Friday, August 10, 2007

The Bridge Crossing

While we were in Minnesota, as you all know, the I-35W Mississippi River Bridge collapsed. Well, even though we didn't hear about the tragety until Friday, (left for camping on Tue and didn't come back till Friday, No radio, no tv, no internet, nothing but nature.) we had what I would consider a couple of close calls.


My Nephew, Calvin, best friend, Tracy, and I went down to Minneapolis on Monday (2 days before the collapse) to pick my brother-in-law, Randy, up from the airport. If we would have gone straight to the airport from their house, we would have used the bypass. But we did some geocaching and went right through the heart of the city and actually crossed the I-35W bridge that collapsed on Wednesday. Too close for comfort.


Then come to find out, that my inlaws actually drove into Minneapolis on Wednesday a couple of hours after the actual collapse. That is scary!

Don't like those close calls like that!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW! Thats amazing and scary to think about at the same time. It goes to show that you never know how close to death/bad accidents one can be. I believe when we get to heaven we will be amazed how many times our guardian angels have protected us.

I find it amazing my whole immediate family was in Minnesota when the catastrophe happened.

Shelly

Shelly