Friday, November 24, 2006

Thanksgiving And/Or Laser Tag

Hey, I hope you are enjoying your Thanksgiving as much as we have been. It has been awesome being here in the hills of North Carolina visiting with family, enjoying delicious meals and just being thankful to be together!!!

I was talking with my mom from Colorado on the phone yesterday and as I was talking, I was sitting on this huge porch, in a rocking chair, looking out over the hills with the blue sky all around. Gorgeous!! Maaaaaavelous! Very Cool!

Today, we all decided to go to the Fun Factory they have here in Franklin, NC. Basically it's like a Chuck E Cheeze on steroids. The building used to be an old factory, so it's about 56,000 square feet. It is huge. They've got it filled with a play area for kids, arcade games, mini golf courses, bumper cars, 3 eating places, laser tag, bowling alley, etc, etc, etc

Well, while the kids were in the playland area we decided to play laser tag. Man - I have never done that before and now am wondering why. It was an absolute BLAST!!! Doreen played once and I played twice and for each 10 minute segment, you're running around like crazy playing 'tag' with laser guns. What a fun thing to do.

I think Doreen scored a Space Laser Cadet and I got to level of a Laser Private. Pretty low, but not bad for our first time in the game.

You know what? I'm 'a gonna have to do that again in the very near future.

I love hearing "Great shot" and HATE the 'hit' noise and the vib on the pack I was wearing.

Man - what a complete blast!

Yeah haw!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We should rent some equipment and try paintball the next time you're out here!

Trailady said...

I've always wanted to go to an actual Lazar tag zone. We used to have the vests and played at home- fun.

Paintball is a little painful- at least it was back in the early 90's when I played. Maybe now, the little pellets don't hurt so much??