Sunday, August 06, 2006

A World in Fluxuation

Ok - so we were supposed to be here in FL for 7 days.

Well - plans have changed!

On the trip down to FL I talked with Dad on the phone a bit. He said Grandpa wasn't doing very well. (I talked with him earlier in the week when G-pa had some mini strokes and then after he had a biggie stroke on Wed.)

Sabbath morning in SS I 'texted' Dad and My sis's as is my usual practice just to 'keep in touch.'

Got a message back about 30 min later that G-pa had gone into a coma Fri night and wasn't doing good at all.

So I walked outside and called Dad to get the lowdown. Turns out that after the biggie stroke, his left side was paralyzed and basically had completely shut down. He was breathing, barely, and that was about it.

Well - that was extremely sad to learn. Then after lunch during potluck - Dad called and G-pa had passed away.

So now, we've changed our plans. Tuesday morning we're getting up bright and early, leaving FL on a 26 hour trip to Lincoln, NE for a funeral. Sad - but sort of calming - because now G-pa no longer has to suffer!!!

Not looking forward to the LONG trip though!

More info later - if time and an internet connection allows!

Blessings!

1 comment:

Trailady said...

I'm very sorry to hear this. My last grandparent passed away 3 weeks ago or so and it's very sad- even if you aren't living really close to them at the time.

Yes, the blessing is that they are no longer suffering.

Blessings to you & yours. :o)