Monday, August 28, 2006

Family!!!

If there was one nice thing about Grandpa's funeral, it was the fact that it brought us all together. We're all so spread out (I'm the worst, living the farthest out.), and it makes it hard to get together to tell stories, to talk, to share lives and experiences. So it was so nice getting together once again to catch up.

Here are some 'family' photos from our trip.

Uncle Dick wanted an updated 'family' pic of us - so he snapped one out in front of their house in Florida.

At Sea World, they have an attraction called "Wild Arctic." It it most awesome - and extremely cool in the building. A nice get-away from the Florida heat! :) While we were in the exhibit, they have many things for kids to touch and do - here are Joelle & Natalie sticking their heads through a hole in the 'ice-pack."

Here's a shot of the Howard/ Pester/ Scriven cousins. (Some obviously are missing. :( Here's Sheri, LouAnn, Jeannie, Evelyn, Linda and Larry.) There was so much 'talking' going on with this group it was hard to get a shot. He, he, he - Finally I got a couple and Sheri gave me a hard time about not liking them so take another. So I did, as you can see - they are quite the playful clan! :) I come by it honestly! He, he, he

Those left there on the weekend got up and had breakfast at the Cracker Barrel. As y'all know they all have the 'rockers' out in front, so I couldn't pass up this photo op.

Finally, I had mom take a nice updated pic of us at the Sunken Garden. This is kind of a nice shot if I don't say so myself!

2 comments:

Roseuvsharon said...

I hear you on the funerals issue. Those are some of the saddest and happiest times. Sad because it's hard to say goodbye, yet at the same time happy, because it's one of the few times when everybody is together and able to laugh and visit.

Oh well. I guess we just have to accept it as part of life.

Trailady said...

Sorry to hear of the loss to your family. :o(

Yep, I hear you on being all spread out. That's how our family is. Partly why it was so neat to have staff family... Oh well...

PS. If you are interested in an Intelligent, non-shedding, no-odor small dog like Sugar, I can hook you up with a very good Toy Poodle breeder up in Maryville. We are bringing our new puppy home the end of October. She is as red as my hair! They are reasonably priced for purebred dogs from champion bloodlines. I posted about this if you want more details.

Take care and say hi to the "fam".