Sunday, June 18, 2006

To work or Not to work, that is the question.

So I was scheduled out at 11:30p for a run up through eastern TN, Southwest VA and one drop in Eastern KY.

I get to the yard, get my trip info, find the tractor and trailer, hook 'em up, weigh 'em out and go inside to wait for my partner.

I wait and wait and wait. Still no partner. 11:30p comes and goes, no partner. So I talk with a coordinator and still no partner. We wait another 30 min, and then he calls in sick. In the meantime - all the standby guys are called in because of all the other drivers that call in sick - so none are left. I am left without a partner to run with.

So they send me home telling me that they'll call me in the morning when they find someone to go with me.

As you can see - I'm still here. They can't find anyone to run with me. I'm almost taking this personally - but not really because this weekend is Father's Day (Which is probably why so many people called in 'sick.') and I get to be at home for breakfast with my family. I'll be gone the rest of the day - eventually! :)

So, To work or Not to work? That is truly the question! :)

No comments: