Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Thankful for a Lack of Patience

One of the things in my life that I have to seriously work on is patience. You know that prayer, "Lord, please give me patience and give it to me now?" Well, that's me and I am working on it, but still have a long, LONG way to go.

Well - for once in my life, I am so thankful for a lack of patience. If I were more patient, then I would be in a tough, very tough spot. No job and no quick options.

For 14 months, I was patient trying to work with the changes that had to come to where I used to work. It was tough. It was uncomfortable. It was really, really rough.

Finally I got fed up. I was at the end of my patience rope. Doreen and I talked and talked and talked about what to do. Finally we decided to through the fleece out there and the call came. A door was opened and when it did - I sprinted through it and have not looked back.

Sure, I miss radio - my career love - my college degree (lots of struggle to get through college.) I really miss working in a ministry, especially one that was helping to connect people to Christ. But I don't miss the daily trials I had before I left.

Man, I feel for the people that I used to work with, the friends. We had a close knit group. We worked well together. We all had Christ at the heart of everything we did. Now most all of them have been treated horribly. We're praying for them daily. We're doing what we can to help and encourage.

But man, this is one time that I am thankful for being impatient. This was one time that a negative trait had a positive outcome! :)

Wow - I truly am thankful!!!

1 comment:

Trailady said...

I'm SOOOOOO glad you were able to get out and do something else when you did. Very happy for you guys avoiding the last 6 months of heartaches!!! :o)