Tuesday, September 13, 2005

The Phantom of What or I'm Just a Simple Man

Ok - so what is the deal with the Phantom of the Opera? Can someone please explain it to me? I DON'T, DO NOT, IN ANYWAY understand that crazy thing.

Yeah - it's a screwball love triangle - I got that. But I don't understand the goofy songs, and what is with the 2 dirty old guys who buy the opera house? and why does the 'Phantom' take for granted that Christine would want him after all his psychotic actions? Of course that explains much of it - he's just psycho!!!

Why do people think this movie is 'all that?' Can someone please help me understand. I was 'BORED' to tears watching it last night and frankly - just don't understand it! At all.

Help??!!

No wait - I don't need help - I really don't care. It's one of those 'artsy fartsy' things that don't make much sense and 'many people' for some 'strange' reason really really enjoys.

I get simple things. Family, sports you know, and many other simple enjoyable things!

Oh well, tonight we watch either the "Saint" or "Master and Commander." Something that I'll enjoy!

Have a terrific Tuesday!

:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you really didn't like it, huh? I enjoy it. Maybe it's because I was able to see it in a real theatre (note the spelling) twice before the movie was made. Not sure I want to try and explain it to you... Better talk to your sis. Or Meanie.