Thursday, September 08, 2005

Home Again - Jiggity Jog OR Coincidences

Hello once again from Tennessee.

We're back home. It was, and is always great visiting and traveling, but it is also very, VERY nice to sleep in ones own bed etc.

We had the most awesome trip! It was wonderful visiting with my family there in Colorado. Glad my Sis took a week off to hang with us. I sure enjoyed playing 'motorcross' with my Bro-in-law. (Right up to the time I hit a jump, got big air and landed flat and severely jammed my wrist!) Visiting my other sister and husband at a lake on Grand Mesa was very, VERY cool! And just hanging with my Mom and Grandma was just, nice!

A couple of days before leaving I actually had a quick thought of work, and it made me sick to my stomach! Aarrgh! Not looking forward to that. Not to mention that one of my guys called and some 'funny business' has been going on - lost one computer and 2 hard drives off another - among other things just has me dreading my return on Monday.

But for now, we've got a couple of days off here at home to rest and recouperate and to get things back in order after being gone for a couple of weeks.

The trip back went extremely well. We had a quick flight from Montrose to Denver. I slept the entire way. The flight between Denver and Chicago O'hare was great and Natalie slept the whole way. We got into Chicago 20 min early and had to sit on the tarmac waiting for the other plane to back out of the gate so we could have it! :) Oh well.

Got some fries and a lemonade for a snack with some dried fruit we had in our back and then got some wiggles out riding a nearby escalator. (Alligator according to Natalie! He, he, he!) We boarded our Chicago to Knoxville plane and then about 15 minutes later the Captain came on and said, "Welcome to United Air Lines flight 8082 from Chicago to Knoxville, and that's ALL I know about this flight."

Turns out Chicago O'Hare, that day, had implemented some new baggage, fueling, and turnaround flight procedures and so there we sat for an hour with our luggage sitting on a cart outside, no fuel in the plane and a flight crew with no paperwork.

Finally they loaded us up with fuel and luggage, then we took off and Joelle and I slept the whole way back to Tennessee.

While I was getting out stuff at the baggage return, Doreen called her folks who are in town this week - and who were just getting back from a trip visiting their other daughter and family in Minnesota - to see where they were and if we could hook up for supper. (We were dying for a real meal!!! **GRIN**) Turns out they were passing the airport at that exact moment on their return trip, so we loaded up super quick and met them at one of our favorite mexican resturants and had a delicious meal and caught up with them on everything from their trip and ours.

When we finished we headed home and just practically crashed!

Today we've gotta do some grocery shopping, get the mail and etc!

It was a good vacation - and it's good to be home!

It's good, it's all GOOOOD!

No comments: