Saturday, August 29, 2009

Unexpected Expenses

Doreen and I try to follow a budget pretty closely. For the most part we have done extremely well with a budget. In fact, at the end of the school year, we were right on schedule and even had a bit extra to stash away.

Well, this summer has shredded our budget with extra expenses here and there that has made things kinda tight lately.

We were talking about it the other night and listed them all out.

Check this list out...

Car - Broken Window
Refrigerator - Temperature Gague
Toe - Broken with a trip to the ER
Computer - Quit functioning
School Uniforms - A change in the policy had us having to by Natalie a whole new wardrobe.
Joelle & My Allergies and the weekly shots we have to receive!
Garage Door - Broken Motor had to be replaced
CO Trip - Emergency trip to be with my sick dad

All these things are important and the cost of all of them have added up.

We'll get out of the hole though, hopefully sooner than later though! :)

1 comment:

WhiteTrek said...

I know the feeling, Steve, but I sympathize with you since I don't have kids and the expenses that go with them. But I have been having some extra vet expenses for both of my dogs and it cuts into the bill money sometimes.

But God will see us through everything, I have no doubt!