Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Summer Softball

A couple of months ago two guys in our church asked some of the men if they'd be interested in playing in the Collegedale Summer Adult Softball league. "Absolutely," was my reply!

So for the last few weeks, on Monday's and Tuesday's (with rainout games played on Thursday's) I've had a chance to do something I haven't done since Academy, play real softball on a real team!




Of course I've got 20 years of 'softball' rust I'm trying to whittle away at. Slowly and surely my game is starting to improve. It's been fun. I've pitched, played 3rd and tonight I played left center! Made 3 good catches and missed two, one of which I should have caught!






We've got real team shirts and caps. I'm #10. Our team hasn't won a game yet, as of tonight we're 0 for 8, but I don't care. I'm just trying to do the best I can.

Goo Ooltewah SDA Church Team, or better known as the Ooltewah Old Boys!!!

2 comments:

Addisen Nelson said...

wow, good for you! corey joined a church team one time but it got really competitive. looks like you guys are having a lot of fun, though!!!!

Anonymous said...

Just watch out for your knees. Thats how Pops blew out his knee remember. Have fun but please be careful. Mom